- Have the basic knowledge of kids yoga and how yoga works
- Have a basic understanding of anatomy for children and teens growing bodies.
- Have a clear understanding of the business and ethics of Kids Yoga and all administration that is needed to start your very own kids yoga business straight away!
- Have the confidence in creating change by learning step by step how to teach yoga to suit the developmental needs of your students aged 3 - 17 years.
- Introducing yoga philosophy.
- The developmental milestones and how yoga can support development.
- Movement to support development.
- The seven senses in the body and how yoga and mindfulness supports sensory development.
- How yoga and mindfulness supports stress and anxiety.
- Self-regulation interventions for children with challenges.
- To understand the developing child and teen brain.
- Effective calming, sensory and behavioural activities for the classroom and home environment.
- Learn basic anatomy and physiology.
- Learn how to regulate the nervous system.
- Learn student learning styles and behavioural management techniques.
- A variety of mindful activities to include in your yoga lessons or to use as a one-off activity.
- Learn to include music to improve physical and emotional health and well-being.
- Mindfulness and meditation.
- Learn the therapeutic benefits of yoga.
- To design innovative and integrative lesson plans effective for kids, inclusive of all learning types.
- Learn how to include sensory play into your yoga stories.
- How to establish and run and successful kids yoga business.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Breathing: Breathing practices (energising and calming breaths) to regulate the nervous system.
Postures: Yoga mat-based movements to increase body awareness, build strength and cultivate confidence. Learn how to communicate the poses and the anatomical functions of each pose.
Yoga for the classroom: Chair based yoga movements as well as neuro integrative movements to improve learning delays.
Childhood Development: Learn how yoga supports growth and development. Learn essential motor skills needed for academic success.
Emotions: Walk away with a toolkit to identify and rebuild resilience in youth.
Focusing activities: To build focus and attention in busy bodies.
Resting activities: Practices to calm the nervous system.
Flow Yoga: Learn to create Yoga Flows to increases confidence, and strengthen the connections in the brain that help children learn.
Patanjali's 8 Limbs of Yoga: Discussion points and practices to increase mindfulness awareness skills and improve growth mindset.
Group work: Partner poses, magic mandala, and age-appropriate games for development and sensory integration.
Anatomy: Basic anatomy and physiology of the skeletal system, nervous system, endocrine system, respiratory system and digestive system of children and teens
Yoga for special needs: Understand ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome, and Primitive Reflexes and how to apply yoga and mindfulness to aid in development and emotional regulation.
The energetic body: The Chakra system and its relevance to the physical body.
Storytelling and art objectives: Learn how to create intentional and creative kids yoga lessons for a 1:1 students or group setting.